The much hated pests are here to stay. We aren’t getting rid of the species anytime soon. All of us have to face the menace of pests one time or the other. However, some proven pest control tips for your home can ensure you get rid of them effectively.
pest control is primarily the regulation of insects that are defined as pests. pest control is essential because neglecting the invasion of pests could be harmful for your health. The market has a variety of biological and chemical insecticides and pesticides to combat pests which can be used appropriately. Learning about the kind of pest that has invaded your house is the first step for effective pest control. Here are some easy to incorporate tips for pest control:
1. The first step is ensuring cleanliness in your house. Clean your house of clutter regularly to keep pests at bay. Avoid storing newspapers and boxes for a long time as they are breeding grounds for pests.
2. Dirty dishes in the sink and glasses lying around attract pests immensely. Keep the kitchen items clean and remove garbage at regular intervals. Ensure the kitchen does not have any containers that might store water for a long period of time as most house pests require a filthy environment to survive.
3. To get rid of ants, prepare a mixture of sugar and borax (one cup of each) and sprinkle the mixture around and inside your home. The sugar will attract the ants and the borax will kill them.
4. Sprinkle some borax powder in your kitchen and bathroom to get rid of cockroaches. Make sure you don’t sprinkle in a place where kids or pets could come in contact with the borax.
5. Use hair spray to kill bees and wasps in your house.
6. Change the water of your bird bath every two days to reduce mosquito infestation.
7. To get rid of mice, use peanut butter as bait. Dab some peanut butter on the triggering device of your mousetrap.
8. To ensure your home is free from carpenter ants, check damp roofs, pipes and other places and make sure you dry them out.
9. To prevent your home against rodents, seal all openings and use some poison in crevices.
10. Use cucumbers to get rid of flies, moths and wasps as it is a natural and eco friendly pest killer.
11. Fix all plumbing that is leaky and look for hidden sources of water in the house.
12. Ensure that no food is left in the open and all food cans are tightly sealed. Remove garbage from your house regularly.
14. If home remedies don’t provide relief, seek professional help. Choose a pest control company that is experienced and has been of help to your family or friends. These experts can identify pest locations and come up with the most effective treatment methods for pest removal.
Following these simple tips can go a long way in getting rid of the pests in your house.